Friday, February 11, 2011

Rough Going

My rides throughout the week have been great but the majority have been followed by car malfunctions on the way home.  Tuesday trying to leave my friend Jeff's house the battery seemed to be dead so I jumped it and it only died again once I was down the street.  After a spendy tow truck ride for about 30 miles it turned out the battery was completely bad and the alternator belts broke. Great!  Two days after driving home from packet pickup in Tempe to Scottsdale I started hearing weird noises from the engine and decided I should pull off.  As soon as I hit the off ramp the car died... yet again.  I waited again for another tow truck to come and had yet another expensive tow truck ride that was a bit longer than the first.  This time it turns out the engine is completely shot!  So as of right now I am kinda stranded in the Phoenix area.  I have team mates that are willing to drive and pick me up for the races thankfully.

The moral of this seems to be.... don't go to kendall 4 seasons unless you like getting ripped of big time!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, hopefully with a car repair plan in place, you can focus on riding, training, and racing. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete