Monday, February 14, 2011

Race Update!



The first race of the year started last Friday in the Phoenix area.  It was a 3 day 3 stage race.  All 14 of the Specialized athletes were there.   We had a very strong showing in the junior categories taking time trial victories in both the 15-16 division and 17-18 division.  I raced in the category race and suffered through it! My fitness is not there yet but will come in the coming months.  I unfortunately was part of the first pile up in our 90 mile road race on Saturday but was able to finish.  It was a hard way to start the season with such a long hard race.  The criterium was on a bit of a weird course featuring some tight "s" curves crossing over reflectors and some rough pavement.  From what I observed from the front end there were no crashes which was good!  I raced a bit of a lazy race just sitting in the field trying to stay out of trouble.  Although I had no outstanding results at this race the team as a whole sure did!  I can tell already this is going to be a season to remember!

Next week will be a good training week in Phoenix and Tucson with Jeff Perrin.  We will be heading to Las Vegas on the 24th for the Calville Classic.  Another stage race 4 days and 4 stages.  The whole team will not be able to make it but the majority will be there.  After this race I will be headed to my new home in Palo Alto!

More pictures of the racing coming soon......

1 comment:

  1. Rock on Dude! That's a sweet picture of U hammering on big RED! Good luck on ur training!!

    ReplyDelete