Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Phoenix!

So as some of you may know I recently graduated from High School to race my bike full time.  On Saturday I started my drive to Phoenix.  I stayed the night in Salt lake and finished the drive the next day.  When I arrived it was 70 degrees and sunny!  This was great compared to the winter wonder land of Missoula.
My first ride was a short ride in Paradise Valley with Jeff Perrin who will be racing with me for Specialized this season.
I have my first race of the season on Friday.  It will be a the first stage of the Valley of the Sun stage race.  Although I am not expecting much from my self I think our team will have great performances as most of them have been training and/or racing since November.
From Phoenix I will be heading to Tucson for a week of good training then to Las Vegas for another stage race. Finally after that I will be at my new home in California.

As this is my first post I would like to hear some input!
Thanks,
WZ

6 comments:

  1. Well, this is more words than we heard out of you in two days, so I think it's an awesome effort! Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm sounds good! I would like to hear more about how you feel cause I am going to creep every time you post something haha. I wanna feel like I am there! haha I know it is pretty good input. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be following you every step of the way WZ! Super excited to see how you like living the "pro" lifestyle. Keep us all updated. We're your support crew back home. When times are tough, and there will be those times, I'll send you some of Sidney's amazing chocolate chip cookies.

    Race fast, train smart, and remember to role the dice once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Willy with friends like Kiefer I am almost afraid to comment, but I will be brave and wish you luck in your new adventures and strength in dealing with the pro circuit. A fan in San Diego who you have never met, but I know your mother, so please don't consider me a "Staker". Cheers Victor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Willy,
    I am very excited for you! Good luck on your Grand adventure. Take lots of pics!

    ReplyDelete